If you have been in the process of looking for life insurance for seniors in Florida, you could be feeling more than a little bit overwhelmed by the many options that are out there. You might also think that it will be costly or that it will be tough to find coverage, but we can help.
Life Insurance for Seniors in Florida: A Few Facts
- In 2013, 180,015 people passed away in Florida.
- Cancer was the leading cause of death in the state in 2013.
- The current median household income in the state of Florida is $46,036.
The five most populated cities in the state are:
- Jacksonville – 821,784
- Miami – 399,457
- Tampa – 335, 709
- St. Petersburg – 244,769
- Orlando – 238,300
Types of Life Insurance for Seniors in Florida?
As you probably already know, there are a couple of different options of life insurance for seniors in Florida. Term life insurance for seniors can be an option for younger seniors because it can be more affordable and comes with higher levels of coverage. However, this type of life insurance often isn’t the right option if you are shopping for whole life insurance for seniors in Florida. This is because these companies generally ask for health exams, and they also may have strict age limits.
On the other hand, burial insurance can be an excellent option for seniors. It is a form of whole life insurance, which means that you don’t have to worry about outliving the policy. In most cases, no exam life insurance and the health-related questions are typically limited. These types of life insurance for seniors might have lower levels of coverage, but they are generally more than sufficient to cover basic final expenses.
Life Insurance for Seniors in Florida: Understanding Burial Insurance
Term life insurance generally isn’t the best choice if you’re shopping for life insurance for seniors. Burial insurance, however, can be a good option. These are a few benefits of one of these types of policies:
- Burial insurance is known as whole life insurance, which means that you don’t have to worry about the policy expiring after a certain length of time.
- It’s generally a cheap option, particularly for senior citizens.
- No medical exam is required, and there are generally only a few simple health questions.
- The application process is straightforward and can often be done online.
- You typically don’t have to worry about age restrictions, making funeral insurance a great choice for those who are over 80 years old.
- Although whole life insurance for seniors coverage amounts can be lower than with other choices, $5,000 to $50,000 in coverage are often available.
- Many of these providers have guaranteed acceptance policies, so you don’t have to worry about getting turned down when you apply for life insurance for a senior in Florida.
Compare Quotes for Burial Insurance for Seniors in Florida Cost?
First of all, you should know that life insurance rates will vary based on each person and his or her situation. With that said, you can take a look at these sample life insurance rates for seniors in Florida for a 68-year-old male who does not smoke or use other forms of tobacco:
- $8,000 in Coverage – $51.99/month
- $12,000 in Coverage – $76.89/month
- $20,000 in Coverage – $126.67/month
How to Buy Life Insurance for Seniors in Florida?
We work with all of the best life insurance providers, and we can help you quickly and easily find quotes for life insurance for seniors in Florida and more information directly from our website. Just enter you or your parents’ ZIP code into the search bar, and you can instantly get life insurance information from several different providers. It’s easy, and you can get started with the online application process right away. Plus, we only work with the top-rated companies, you can always feel confident about your choice when using our website.