If you are a senior who currently isn’t covered with life insurance, now is the time to start shopping for it. Luckily, we can help you find the best rates and the best levels of coverage with our search tool.
Average Cost of Final Expenses in New Mexico
These are some of the average costs that others in New Mexico have paid for funerals and cremations:
- Funeral – $5,000 to $10,000
- Cremation – $750 to $3,000
You also can’t forget about the other expenses that might be left behind when you pass away, such as outstanding car loans, a mortgage that hasn’t been paid in full, medical bills and other expenses.
Without a life insurance policy, all of these costs can put a lot of pressure on your family. With coverage, however, you can ensure that these things are taken care of without putting your family through a lot of stress.
Life in New Mexico in Numbers
- Death Rate in New Mexico: 731.78 per 1,000
- New Mexico’s Leading Cause of Death: Heart Disease
- Annual Household Income Among New Mexico Residents: $41,963
New Mexico’s Five Biggest Cities By Population:
- Albuquerque: 556,495
- Las Cruces: 101,324
- Rio Rancho: 91,956
- Santa Fe: 69,976
- Roswell: 48,611
Life Insurance for Seniors in New Mexico: A Few Sample Whole Life Insurance Quotes
To give you an idea of what you might have to pay for coverage, we did a quick rate search for reference purposes. However, your rate will vary based off of:
- Whether you choose whole or term life insurance for seniors
- Whether or not you smoke or use other forms of tobacco
- Whether or not you are willing to answer health questions
- Whether or not you’re willing to undergo a health exam
- How old you are
- Where you live
- Whether you are a male or female
Monthly quotes for a 60-year-old male who lives in the State of New Mexico and smokes cigarettes:
- $10,000: $95.00
- $15,000: $140.83
- $25,000: $232.50
Shopping for Yourself or Your Elderly Parents? Even Seniors Over 80 in New Mexico Can Shop for Guaranteed Acceptance Life Insurance Online
We help seniors like you compare cheap quotes from companies like Gerber, Colonial Penn and TransAmerica, along with other big-name providers. Even if you’re on a tight budget and can’t afford an expensive life insurance, we can help you get started with an application for an affordable yet reliable provider.