If you are a senior who doesn’t have life insurance or an adult child who is concerned about your parents, you could be wondering how to find the right policy. Looking at life insurance quotes for seniors is a fast and easy way to make your decision, but you should understand a few things about life insurance first.
How are Life Insurance Quotes for Seniors Calculated?
When offering life insurance quotes for seniors who are looking for policies, life insurance companies take a few things into consideration:
- Age – Older seniors can still qualify for great policies, but some insurance companies don’t offer coverage to senior citizens over age 85.
- Health – Different insurers and policies have different requirements in regard to health. Guaranteed life insurance policies don’t deny customers due to health-related reasons, but term life insurance for seniors does require applicants to be in reasonably good health.
- Type of Policy – Burial insurance offers one of the easiest enrollment options.
- Amount of Coverage Desired – For larger policies, some insurance companies have more stringent requirements. Companies that offer smaller payouts are often a bit more lenient.
Since every senior life insurance policy and situation is different, quotes vary widely based on who is applying and what that individual wants out of an insurance policy. By getting multiple life insurance quotes online for seniors, you can get an idea of what is available so that you can make the right decision.
What Type of Life Insurance Quotes for Seniors are Available?
There are several different types of life insurance quotes that you can look into:
- Term Life Insurance for Seniors – Term life insurance policies are a popular choice for younger adults, but they are also a great option for seniors up to age 75. Unfortunately, insurers are generally a bit stricter about these policies, so it can be more difficult for older seniors or those who have health issues to get approved due to a required medical exam.
- Whole Life Insurance – Whole life insurance policies are some of the most expensive policies on the market, but they do offer coverage until the insured is deceased.
- Guaranteed Life Insurance – Some seniors have a difficult time getting approved for life insurance; for example, those who have health problems might get turned down by most companies. Guaranteed life insurance policies are designed for those who are considered to be a high risk by other insurers, but they are a lot more expensive than other options.
How to Get Life Insurance Quotes Online for Seniors
As you can see, the process of comparing life insurance quotes for seniors can be a bit confusing and involved, but getting quotes online makes things much easier. Our site is designed to make your decision as easy as possible; instead of having to call countless companies for quotes and information, you can simply enter your ZIP code into our easy form to access top companies. Then, you can receive fast and accurate quotes for all different types of life insurance.